Erste Review von Amityville Horror

Alle brandaktuellen Neuigkeiten aus der Filmbranche werden hier ausdiskutiert.

Moderator: Damien3

Antworten
Damien3
Administrator
Administrator

Erste Review von Amityville Horror

Beitrag von Damien3 »

Hey Leute,
ich hätte mich totlachen können...
ich habe gerade die erste Review von Amityville Horror Remake gelesen.
War ja eine nette Review aber der letzte Satz...
Selbst bnei Reviews sind die Amis jetzt schon patriorisch gefärbt...

lest mal GANZ durch..

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with my opinion on THE AMITYVILLE HORROR, which opens tomorrow... or today, by the time I finish, code and post this fucker.
I'm gonna try to keep this short, mates, because I, for some ungodly and totally uncharacteristic reason, woke up reealll early this morning and I'm ready to drop. Not 3:15am early, but early.
My AMITYVILLE background: I've seen the first two AMITYVILLE movies. I didn't much like the second film and the first film I respect... has some great, iconic elements, but overall I felt it was a kind of dull flick with no real payoff for the slow build. In other words, I wasn't totally against this remake like I was THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. I like Ryan Reynolds and think he's got a very bright future ahead of him and I dug the previews.
Now we're at the screening Harry hosted... I walked through the room of flies, another thing I had fun with since flies never really bothered me, but judging by the loud (male, mind you) screams from the room... I think some of the other people who went through Harry's fly chamber of doom weren't too fond of the little winged critters.
Anyway, the movie... I, personally, think the remake is better than the original film. It's not flawless, but I'll get to that in a minute. Right now the good:
-Ryan Reynolds carries this movie, reining in his wild, wacky side just enough to keep his character likable (at the beginning... before he goes batshit insane, of course) and funny, but he also goes darker than he's even gone before. He felt more real here than he's been in anything I've seen. He also captured the time period (1970s) better than I imagined, as the humor he's known for is more '90s/'00s smart-assy comedy.
-The ghosts (with one exception... again, I'll get to that in a minute). The little girl ghost who is all over the trailer is awesome... especially when she grabs that one person's... well, I'll save that for the movie. This one scene by itself made the movie worth paying full price, in my opinion.
-The bathroom scene... Although it's a little SIXTH SENSE-ish, there's a scene in the bathroom with another nice lookin' freaky dead dude that creeped my shit out.
-The cinematography is nice, as I'd expect from the producers of this film. I had many problems with the remake of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, but I still think it's one of the best shot flicks the year it came out.
-The pacing... this isn't a flashy, quick cut MTVidiot pandering movie. The pacing isn't too quick, but not too slow...
-Ryan Reynold's contact lenses. Subtle most of the time, not so subtle some of the times... Very creepy and disturbing.
-The babysitter... oh, sweet babysitter... from sex, drugs and rockn'roll (literally) to one of the best scary scenes in the movie... There's a 5-ish minute segment of the movie that singlehandedly makes it better than any of the previous AMITYVILLE incantations since the original book. And this isn't just from the horny geek vantage point, either. We get the best scene with the oldest son (played by Jesse James) outta this segment and the best segment for the girl ghost. Plus the babysitter is smokin' '70s hot.
Now the not so good:
-One ghost that is ripped straight off of POLTERGEIST 2 and 3... Yeah, the preacher with the old timin' preacher hat. This is very minor... he's in maybe 2 or 3 shots of the movie, but it really pulled me out even though the scenes he's in are pretty good.
-It might just be a me thing, but I liked the build up to Reynolds going over the edge more than when he went over the edge. It just felt typical stalker/slasher mode when he chases the family through the house at the end. It's performed well, shot well and paced well... I just enjoyed the ghosties more, I guess.
That's about it. The film really impressed me and is exactly the kind of remake I want to see. It brought more scares and better acting than the flawed original, but wasn't just a photocopy of the first film.
Reynolds popped up after the screening and took some questions from the audience. Reynolds reminded me quite a bit of Bruce Campbell when he was up in front of the theater. He was funny, charming, but also not afraid to call people out for asking stupid questions. He was also not afraid to make fun of himself of his fellow actors. For example, he was talking about how great the young actor Jesse James was and when he mentioned the kid's name someone in the audience chuckled. He was like, "I'm not kidding. That's his name. He'll see the movie, but I don't think the other young actor, Billy the Kid, is old enough..." So, I butchered it, the haze of my sleep deprived mind has fucked you out of experiencing Reynold's biting wit, but you get the idea.
Of course, The Flash was brought up and he was quick to say that nothing is official, but there are some talks going on. He said he wasn't going to believe it until he was standing at crafty wearing a red unitard.
So, go... enjoy a good horror flick. It's no Asian ghost rip-off and I like it! Enjoy, squirts!

Damien:
Its no Asian ripp offf.....well after Hiroshima its even a wonder they could do movies..but its nothing ... because we have our own scary ghosts...
Muhahahaaaaa

"Ich habe sie den ganzen Abend von dahinten beobachtet...sie sind ein sehr attrativer Mann"
"Warum gehen sie nicht in die Ecke zurück und schauen weiter?"
Kevin Costner..coole Sau.
Antworten